Conor McGinn MP - a strong voice for St Helens North
Conor McGinn MP - a strong voice for St Helens North

Get in touch

If you have any questions or want to contact Conor, please email or call using the details provided below.


Telephone: 01744 21336

Please note that in order for constituents to receive a full response you must include your name and postal address.

To keep right up to date with all of Conor’s activities in our community and Parliament, please follow him on social media:

Sign up to Conor's Newsletter

Sign up to receive fortnightly email updates from Conor on his latest work in St Helens North and Parliament by leaving your contact details below.

Agree to receive updates (Required)

What your MP can do for you

This section is designed to answer any questions you may have about my role as your local Member of Parliament and how I can help you.

What is an MP?

The House of Commons is made up of 650 Members of Parliament (MPs), each representing one constituency. St Helens North constituency has approximately 80,000 constituents and my role is to represent the people of the St Helens North in Westminster.

What can my MP do to help me?

-An MP can try to help you with all matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as:
-HM Revenue and Customs Department- tax or national insurance problems.
-Department for Work and Pensions- benefits and pension problems.
-Home Office- problems with immigration and passports.
-Department of Health- problems with hospitals and the National Health Service (NHS).

Strict Parliamentary protocol means that Members of Parliament can only deal with issues raised by their own constituents. I can therefore only help you if you are a resident of St Helens North constituency. If you are not a resident, you should contact your own MP.

What an MP cannot do

An MP cannot intervene with legal matters or court cases, nor interfere with decisions previously made in court. They also cannot provide any financial or business advice.

An MP is not able to assist in settling family arguments or private disputes with neighbours, employers or consumer matters.

If your problem concerns the Local Government (Council), you should have made contact with St Helens Council first to try and resolve the matter directly or contacted your local councillors.

How does my MP deal with my problem?

I can help to deal with your problem by:

  • Writing a letter to the relevant department or official.
  • Writing a letter to the Minister involved.

Many problems (but not all) can be solved in this way.

The department or Minister may not be able to give the answer you want to hear. Please be aware that if the decision has been made in the correct way, there may be little that I can do further.


If you feel there has been unnecessary delay or maladministration you may refer your case to the Ombudsman. You can take your case to all Ombudsmen yourself, except for the Parliamentary Ombudsman, who can only be approached by an MP.

If you wish for me to refer your case to the Parliamentary Ombudsman, you must send me the completed Ombudsman forms. I will look at your case before referring it to the Ombudsman, however an MP may decide not to pass on your complaint, if deemed unnecessary.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search